Thursday, August 23, 2012

Quilty Gifts

Remember when my sister dragged drove me around on the Yours to Discover Shop Hop last month?!? Well, not only did we see some great shops and buy a few fabric treats, but we won draw prizes! 
The orange batiks are the prize my sister won from Creative Sisters in Kitchener. 
won two fat quarter collections and an Aurifil thread pack from Country Patchworks in Woodstock! I have already used a couple of the light yellow FQ's for embroidery backgrounds.   How great is that?!?  A big thank you to the owners of the 10 shops that participated...it's a lot of extra work for them, and we really enjoyed the quilty adventure.
And I also won a Berenstain Bears Layer Cake from Sharon during the Crafter's Campfire last month. Thanks so much Sharon!
I have already cut into some of those great dot fabrics in the collection...couldn't help myself!  I am hoping to use the yellow yardage on the right for a border or binding (found it on the July shop hop). I even have a pattern picked out (Slide Show by Atkinson Designs) for the remaining layer cake pieces, which I plan to sew at my winter quilt retreat. Yes, I am already working on my list of projects to take to retreat and it's still 6 months away!
There is a big quilt blog hop starting on Saturday at Quilting Gallery and you can enter to win lots of quilty prizes. You visit the blogs on the list and try your luck at winning the draws by leaving comments on each blog listed. I'm not on that blog hop because I'm too busy with other things on my blog this weekend...Saturday is MY day for the Bowls with Borders blog hop and I am very excited. These are the Bowls that were featured on day 10...enjoy!


7 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

What great wins!!! I just love those yellows and the dots will be loads of fun :*)

Janet O. said...

Well, you have been one lucky lady!
I can see those dots would come in very handy for your current "dotty" project. : )

Missy Shay said...

How fun, congratulations on your win!

Carrie P. said...

congrats on your wins.
looking forward to seeing your bowls.

Mary said...

Lucky You! Those are cute fabrics. I notice on your sidebar that you have finished 7 of the UFO's listed. It only the 8th month and you still have a week to finish something for August. I'm trying to get my commitments done so I can PLAY! Wish I had a Retreat to look forward to...

Kate said...

Congrats on the goodies! Looking forward to seeing your bowls.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Rosemary B here:
Dear Kathy, I adore your project.
That is really all I have to say, but I will go on :-)
I love the fabric choices you made for the bowls,, and binding, all of the photos of this hilarious process... you did, however, forget to photograph your trashcan with all of that thread! haha
I love Erma Bombeck, she was such a sweetheart of a lady!
Again, the fabrics and the colors are just fantastic together. You are an inspiration
Thank you so much for sharing! and for a contest too, niiiice