Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Sweet Treats Progress and Dotty Request

It has been a few weeks since any progress has been made on my polka dot "Sweet Treats" quilt.  
I have the inside of the top pieced and have just finished trimming up all the remaining cornerstone blocks. 
My next decisions will be about the borders, which is usually the "kiss of death" for a quilt at my house...it starts the slow march toward the UFO closet!
You can probably guess that this project is going on the back burner, because I have started another polka dot quilt for the Dot to Dot blog hop next month. I am so excited to be a part of the blog hop and have started to make a new quilt for the occasion. 
If you have a 2" or 3.5" strip of a dotty fabric that you would like me to use in my new dotty quilt, I would love to include it! Just email me for my snail address.
The more variety I have, the better. A big thanks to Janet who has already sent me some of her polka dot scraps, which will be in both of these quilts! 

12 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Send me your address, I would love to add to your dotty collection. ;) Love your mug!
Sweet Treats is such an amazing quilt. I hope it doesn't make it to the UFO closet.

Amy said...

Oh Kathy! I bet I can find a strip or two to help you out! :) Send me the addy :)

And I have RESISTED the blog hop; there is NO WAY I could keep up with the start of school right around the corner. But I'll enjoy watching your participation in it.

beaquilter said...

I would not add a border on this one, it's great just as it is!

Cathy said...

no borders! Just get 'er done! It is lovely!

Darlene said...

You already know I love this quilt - it's wonderful. I agree - no borders.

Pokey said...

Oh, this is perfect as it is, and I'm a border gal, usually. It is so happy! Boy, that picture at the top of your blog made me *grin*, too. I'm glad I visited today ~
:-}pokey

Ruth said...

Forget the borders. It's adorable just as it is.

Marei said...

Your new blog header photo makes me smile BIG. Beautiful, bright, polka dotty goodness. :)
mdmontalvo@yahoo.com

Becky said...

I'd love to send you some dotty fabric. Love your new blog header!

Andrea said...

I agree, keep it simple, sweetie....no borders necessary...if you MUST just make it a simple white like the rest of the quilt.

Diane said...

I have your address---will get some dots in the mail to you today :)

Pam said...

If you would like some dots from the UK Email me and I will pop some in the post. Pam