Wednesday, July 03, 2013

July's UFO project

2013 is already half over and I have been able to finish 4 UFO's so far this year (UFO wish list is on the right side bar of my blog). The focus for July's effort is my "tone-on-tone plus Kaffe Fassett fabrics mystery quilt". Obviously it needs a new name!
I haven't looked at it in over a year, but my sister has finished her quilt, so I am a little sheepish that mine is still unfinished!
I had purchased two fabrics for the borders, but am not sure if the "hold up" on this project is because the quilt does not want those borders!?!? I will wait for the quilt to give me some advice about that while I fix up a backing.
To see more UFO goals, hop over to a Lovely Year of Finishes.

8 comments:

Ellen said...

Wow you are doing great! Hopefully, this quilt won't take too long to tell what it wants so that you can finish it up as well.

Betty Lou said...

This quilt is very pretty all by itself, maybe it's saying "I don"t want borders." Don't you just love how quilts can talk back to you?

Aunt 'Reen said...

Congratulations for finishing up 4 UFO's already this year! Your mystery quilt looks great, looking forward to seeing how you decide to finish this one.

Janet O. said...

Wish I could say I've finished four UFOs. I've probably created that many, but finishes have been few and far between, on anything larger than a sheet of paper. : )
I like this top. What are the border fabrics you are struggling with?

Dresden Quilter said...

It is looking wonderful!

julieQ said...

Isn't it funny how our quilts talk to us??

Kate said...

To have 4 finishes by midyear is doing really well. Congrats on that. Good luck with your July project.

Amy said...

Reaching the stage in a quilter's life when you don't feel you need to rush so you can wait for the quilt to talk to you.....
Isn't that a milestone? We should be celebrating that, right?!?!? :)

Congrats on 4 UFOs this year already. And thanks for the response on the crochet rug. I think I'll let that baby "talk to me" while I work on the other new one. LOL