Saturday, September 14, 2013

Scrappy Saturday


The colour of the month for September for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is pastel blue. I decided that I should first finish up some of my aqua blocks from July, and sprinkle in what I can in the lighter blues. Here are some Carrie Nation blocks that I finished sewing this week. 





I am continuing to practice my applique skills with my scrappy peels block and think I am improving my technique. This is my favorite one so far, with an aquatic theme.





I finished stitching 5 peel blocks, 3 red and 2 aqua. I am working on a third light blue block and might try to make a few in the colours I missed earlier in the year for this project (maybe yellow and green?)

To see what other scrappy quilters are sewing this week, hop over to SoScrappy.

13 comments:

Ellen said...

Your design wall looks wonderful - I love the red/aqua together. You have got quite a bit accomplished already.

Mary said...

I enjoy your scrappy Saturday. Waiting for QuiltCam later today. It's been a while since I got to watch that. I'll be making my Nabby's Dowry Blocks today. 4 Geese blocks heading NORTH!!!

Grit said...

Wow wonderful work from scrappys.

Deanna W said...

Love the aquatic theme one! Applique is a practice makes perfect kind of art!!Hang in there!

Janet O. said...

That aquatic themed block is fun! Oh, I am impressed with your tenacity on the applique. : )

Kathy's A Quilter said...

All great blocks!

Lesley said...

Love everything on your design wall! Such great colours!

Sheila said...

Oh my. Very NICE!!!

Deb A said...

I warned you they were addicting! Everything looks great.

Kate said...

Love those rich colors. The peel blocks look great. That's going to be a fun quilt.

Katie Z. said...

All your blocks are so lovely. Thank you for sharing them.

scraphappy said...

Your applique is coming along nicely. Love the aqua blocks too. So refreshing.

Cathy said...

The aquatic themed peel blocks are just too cute. I've been tempted to try these too. I think they would be more fun than hexies.