Saturday, December 07, 2013

Scrappy Saturday

I was quite busy this week sewing the step #1 mystery blocks, but did do a bit of work to finish up 9 brown and black double nine patch blocks for my Omigosh quilt. There is no focus colour for the December Rainbow Scrap Challenge, so we are working on finishing up blocks and projects from this past year. 
These 5" blocks each have 49 little pieces... they are harder to sew than they look! I am putting this project back into it's tin until next year so I can work on some Christmas projects and step #2 of the mystery.
Hop over to SoScrappy to see more Rainbow Scrap projects.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

5 inch blocks! Holy smokes! They sure are beautiful.

Carol Swift said...

29 little pieces? Wow, that is a lot for that little block. Really is lovely, though! :O)

Deb A said...

49 parts in that tiny little block. Yikes. You do love your small bits Kathy. They will look lovely in the finished quilt... years from now!

Katie Z. said...

I've only pegged together some 9patches, but I love looking at yours sewn into sets!

Sarah said...

Wow! Now thats impressive!!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

5"! That really puts these incredible blocks into perspective. Wow!

Janet O. said...

This quilt is crazy!! Love those little blocks, but I am glad it is you making it, and not me! : )

margaret said...

Before I started quilting 18 months ago I would never have looked twice at these colours, now I love them, beautiful quilt blocks. Quilting has taught me so much, not just how to do blocks but to look at things in a different way too.

scraphappy said...

What a fabulous quilt it will be.......someday!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Color selection is fabulous

Candace said...

That's a lot of pieces, but it looks great, worth the extra effort.

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow! I didn't realize you are making an Omigosh quilt Kathy! I must have been very unobservant :( What a GREAT way to do it - a little at a time each month - love your brown blocks. You go girl!!!!

Julie in GA said...

That's an awful lot of tiny little pieces! I love the Omigosh quilt pattern, but it's not one I ever expect to make. I will enjoy watching the progress on yours.

Sheila said...

Looks great, Kathy. I'm with you. Think I'll make more blocks next year to go with the ones I made this year.

Kate said...

Love the Omigosh quilt!