Sunday, June 22, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching - Beading



I have finished all the embroidery on this little project (free pattern available here). I decided that I don't like how those orange knots look on the top left of the project and think they draw too much attention to themselves. I want to feature the words on this piece, so I am going to take those stitches out.

Instead I am going to add some beads for a little sparkle! Every one of those little circles will eventually be covered by a tiny bead. That's what I'll be working on today... breathing and beading!



Make time to relax and enjoy some hand stitching today! And then link up your blog post below and share your project with us. We love to see what you're working on!






15 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

this is such a pretty pattern ..I have never done beading before / it will be interesting to see how it turns out in the end, though I do like it the way it is now :)

Chantal said...

Oh my... these are very tiny beads. Good luck with those. It will definitively add some sparks to your work.

Jill said...

If something bothers us, it is best to change it. Maybe a different-colored floss, however, I do like the beaded touch.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beads and things always add to embroidery for sure

scraphappy said...

Beads will be the perfect choice for your stitchery piece. I've never quite gotten the hang of French knots myself, so beading sounds like a great alternative.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I think substituting the beads is a perfect solution! If you don't like the French knots now, chances are you won't like them down the road. And as you said, the beads will add a nice little sparkle!

Created by Kathi said...

I have a Laurel Burch pattern I am planning to sequin and bead... thanks for reminding me about it! lol Since I haven't started it ... it isn't a UFO right? :) Thanks for offering my fave place to be on Sundays! Kathi

Lesley said...

Such a sweet project! Great idea to use beads.

CathieJ said...

The beads are going to really enhance that pretty project.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I had the same problem this week with the center of my flowers on a applique block. I thought french knots would work, but I pulled them all. I am also considering beads added when I quilt it to help hold the applique down. I think it will add the right amount of sparkle. I guess great minds think alike! LOL

sophie said...

Can't wait to see your sparkly embroidery!

Ivani said...

Love your embroidery it carries a great message.

margaret said...

very nice embroidery, I came to quilting via embroidery, must get back to it and do some more seem to have been neglecting it of late

Rebecca in AK said...

Very pretty embroidery! I think the beads will be just perfect. I love that saying, too!

Deanna W said...

I agree...no orange knots...I think the beads will be a lovely substitute and add a bit of sparkle!