Sunday, December 14, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching

It's Sunday again, which means it's time to s-l-o-w down and do some relaxing stitching.

I will have my hand quilting on my lap and will be putting in a few more stitches. I have finished quilting all the blocks now, and am using my hera marker to make a few more shapes to stitch in some of the puffy places where there are not enough stitches yet ...


like here, in the center of the block. Can you see the line I am quilting on? Once the line is quilted, the marking is invisible.
I still have 1 more sashing to quilt, and 2 more star blocks. I hope to finish that up today and then start on the border. I have a few design ideas in my mind to try and will see how it develops.
From Seven Cherubs

What are you hand stitching today? Are you working on any Christmas gifts? Share your projects with us and link up your blog post below.






15 comments:

Kaja said...

I love my hera marker! Your quilt is coming along very nicely.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Enjoy ! :) It's going to be beautiful ( already is! :)

Turid said...

Your quilt is going to be perfect. I'm soon ready to start hand quilting too, a really slow and relaxing thing to do.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It's coming along so nicely. I haven't hand quilted something in a long time.

Sandy said...

I'm still stitching on my Civil War sampler quilt. I've been at it for two years! I know what you mean about those puffy spots. That's the stage I'm at now - filling those in.

Ellen said...

Your quilting always looks so well done! I will be working on stitching binding today.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love my hera maker and recently learned the pointed end on mine can be used with stencils. Haven't given a try yet. I hope to get in some slow stitches later today!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

if we put a movie on later or a game I will sit and do my hexies - otherwise even if it isn't slow I will be back with the machine.

Cathy said...

I have a hera marker but haven't used it yet. Glad to know it works. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to see the mark but I blew up up your photo and can see it just fine!

Juliann in WA said...

I need to try that method of marking. I know I have that tool - somewhere!

Julierose said...

I can see that quilting line--I use a Hera marker too when I hand quilt. We are doing a "Low Volume" Christmas here. No tree, no decorations, no hoopla until....we go up to my son's on Christmas Eve Day and join my daughter and her family for a party. Christmas Day is reserved for visiting Mom in the Nursing Home...hugs and enjoy your slow stitches...Julierose

barbara woods said...

It fixed it

Janet O. said...

I am hand quilting a couple of Christmas gifts that I'm starting to think will not be done in time. Oh, well, they may be Groundhog Day gifts! : )

Kate said...

You've really made quick work of stitching this quilt. Hopefully you had a productive, but restful day of slow stitching.

Anita Gambrell said...

Thanks for not having to prove I am not a robot! I follow through email and truly enjoy reading your blog !