Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Putzing Along

I have almost recovered from the past camping weekend, just in time to prepare for "Quilt Camp North" this coming weekend. 
It's a long drive to the "great white  north" (hopefully not white at this time of year!)  but I am looking forward to a relaxing time of sewing and visiting. I haven't seen my friend Deanna since this time last year, so believe me, there will be lots of catching up to do. We plan to sit in her gazebo and do nothing but stitch... YES!
My sewing room is a busy place since I am organizing which projects get to come to quilt camp, and which ones have to stay home. Of course I always take enough sewing along to keep me busy for a year!
I've also been busy cutting, sewing, and making block components for my next scrap squad quilt. This photo of my work station makes me very happy - see how organized everything is?!? Aren't those the cutest clips to keep my blocks together in groups of 10 or 20. I can see at a glance how many blocks I have finished, and there are no pins to deal with.

12 comments:

scraphappy said...

Have fun at quilt camp. Wouldn't it be wonderful to stay a year ampnd finish everything? Since you can't, I hope you make lots of great progress.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I am green with envy! I need a quilt camp weekend too! Have fun and have a good visit with your friend.

Dasha said...

Good luck with your camp, sounds fun. And I have spied cherries in a bowl on your work table. I love cherries, but they are in season such a short time here. We don't really have the right climate for them, so they are also terribly expensive usually.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I have to admit to be just a little jealous of having a quilty friend(s) to have a quilting getaway with. I long for some good quilty friends.

Rebecca said...

I use the "clips" for all sorts of sewing projects... including holding binding as I hand sew it down.

Teresa in Music City said...

What fun to look forward to!!! Have fun and don't eat too much chocolate - on second though, eat all you want, you're at retreat!!!!

Mary said...

I use those clips to hold my Alphabitties on the cut pieces for my Snapshots and Farm Girl blocks I make. The little ones are tiny to work with. Much cheaper than the Clover clips. Have fun making your trip up North! Quilting with friends is the BEST.

Janet O. said...

Do only the best behaved projects get to come with you to quilt camp? And do you lock the naughty ones in a dark closet while you are away? That'll teach 'em! : )
The cherries look delicious!

Gina said...

Have fun. I hope you get loads of sewing and chatting done

Gina said...

Have fun. I hope you get loads of sewing and chatting done

Terri said...

Love your clipping system, but it's the cherries in a bowl that caught my eye. That's what life is like. lol
Hugs

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Have fun at camp. See you soon, hopefully.