Monday, September 28, 2015

Design Wall Monday - Country Roads

Did you get to see the lunar eclipse last night? We were totally denied. We had complete cloud cover, so now we have to wait until 2033 to see the next one. 
I was able to get some sewing time and got caught up with Lori's Quiltalong called Country Roads. These cute little 5" blocks are the end result of part #2. 

My colours vary slightly from the recommended list because I am using up the scraps from my scrap squad quilt. My blue is light teal, and I don't know yet what I will use instead of the cheddar fabric suggested. Once I see the next step revealed, I will start searching for the right fabric.
I have made other terrific quilts in quiltalongs with Lori, so I know I will like this one too. Here are a few of them: Mountain Trail, Abundance, Pink Lemonade/Cosmopolitan, and Cascadia
Thanks again to Lori for another fun mystery quiltalong!
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.

17 comments:

scraphappy said...

Very pretty so far. Nothing is more fun than starting something new.

Podunk Pretties said...

Excellent color choices! Love your spin on this quilt along.

Ramona said...

Your color choices are great! These blocks really move the eye around. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Jeanna said...

Nice blocks for your Country Roads quilt.

We had too much cloud cover last evening also and missed seeing the lunar eclipse. 2033 sounds so far away...

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I didn't make this one - still time to catch up with it. Love the blocks and fabrics. We were too cloudy to see the eclipse - I watched on NASA online.

Judy D in WA said...

I love that we both jumped right into this quilt along! Both of us saying No to new projects and both of us caved so fast. LOL
I love your colors and the black and white prints are fabulous and fun!

Janet O. said...

Didn't see the full eclipse, because of the clouds. By the time the clouds moved I just caught a hazy view of about 1/4 of the eclipse. : (
I like that you were using the leftovers from your SS for Lori's SAL. Just came from her final reveal and now I am curious as to what you will use for your setting color.

Deb A said...

We had clouds and rain last night too so didn't get to see it. Bummer. Your QAL is looking good. I must not join in, I must not join in......

Vivian said...

Some of my favorite little quilts are ones I've made as a QAL with Lori. Decided to skip this one. Too many UFOs and WIPs sitting around. I like your color choices in the blocks and look forward to seeing your next color choice.

Julierose said...

I really like your color choices--hugs, Julierose

Julie said...

I am not following this quilt along but yours is looking great. We had a marvelous view of the eclipse! I just wish I had a stronger camera to take better photos.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I got to see the blood moon, but, didn't wait around for the eclipse.

Lisa J. said...

These are lovely little 5 inch blocks ; )

Ivani said...

Pretty blocks. The eclipse was beautiful. As Julie I really wished I had a stronger camera to take pictures.

Kate said...

Love the colors in your new quilt along project. Great use of scraps. We had clear skies and spent a lot of time last night standing in the driveway with the cameras pointed at the sky. It wasn't as red as I had hoped it would be. Still the eclipse was pretty cool to watch.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

no moon here either...cloud cover for days now ! :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

no moon here either...cloud cover for days now ! :)