Sunday, July 24, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching

It has been a very busy summer so far at Kathy's quilts. The last three weekends were spent in 3 different cities, with a lot of driving in between, lots of visiting of family and beloved friends, and of course slow stitches have been made in every location. 
Life is Beautiful block #26

I finished the hand embroidery on block #26 for Life is Beautiful. If you have been thinking of buying the pattern for this project, I finally found a source in Canada. There were two complete pattern sets for sale at The Quilting Bee in Fonthill (no affiliation, just a customer happy to see the patterns available locally!)
I finished this block while visiting with the Fabric Piranhas this past week. They are quite a bunch of crazy quilters and I am so honoured that they let me join their adventurous group. 
They are all avid hand stitchers so of course we spent time stitching in the gazebo and talking about our projects - the ones we are currently stitching, and the ones that we are dreaming of starting. In this photo we have Deanna stitching hexies, Barbara ("I don't like blue") with an embellishment project, Louise hand binding her Indian Orange Peel (more on that later this week), and me starting the embroidery on block #27. It was a wonderful (but always too short) time of laughter and stitching.

What are you hand stitching? Treat yourself to a little creative vacation today, take a few stitches on your project and link up below to share your slow progress with us. 


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   


15 comments:

Jo said...

Wow. I actually got to link up this weekend.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Sounds like quite the fun get together! :)

CathieJ said...

What a great way to enjoy friends and stitching.

Deb said...

Block 26 turned out beautiful, I just love when a favorite pattern becomes available in a local shop. Everyone looks so relaxed and having a great time stitching in the open air. Have a great stitchin day

Juliann in WA said...

Your weekly link up is a great motivation for me!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your weekly group - it would be so nice if all of us that link up could actually stitch in person one day LOL -- I will be working on my hexies and maybe get some of the wool applique prepped for more hand stitching I have neglected it too long once again.

The Cozy Quilter said...

We need a slow stitcher's retreat! Wouldn't it be fun if everyone who links up could come?

Sarah said...

Your Life is Beautiful project is wonderful. Ive looked around the UK to try and buy it but no go here unfortunately! Looks like you have had a busy few weeks but the stitching group looks like fun!

Julierose said...

Your project is just such a lovely one; I really like the sentiments a lot....I will be sewing slowly and moving slowly today...hugs, Julierose

Jennifer said...

Love your latest "Life is Wonderful" block. What a fun quilting group you have. I sure do miss my weekly guild meetings while on the road. Happy stitching!

SandraC said...

Love that idea!

SandraC said...

I'll have to prep my next block. The Quilting Bee is where I got my pattern!

Ivani said...

It is another cute block for Life is beautiful. Love the flowers "Primavera" as we call them here in Brazil. It seems you had a great time with the Fabric Piranhas.

Jennie in GA said...

It is so much fun to link up with likeminded folks wherever you go. Glad you are having fun.

Stephie said...

That's such a lovely photo Kathy! And what a wonderful way to spend time...I may be just a little bit envious! Great progress on Life is Beautiful too :) x