Saturday, October 29, 2016

Scrappy Saturday



It's yellow and orange month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and I have been focused on using up my yellow scraps. I used a lot for this Mad City Mama block... 157 scraps to be exact! This block pattern is from Bonnie Hunter's book Adventures with Leaders and Enders




Here are the 6 blocks I have made so far. I like how they are all similar yet different. I just noticed that the blue block needs a one quarter rotation to be right side up on the design wall!

To see more scrappy projects, hop over to the Saturday link up at Angela's.

9 comments:

Ariane said...

I love these blocks together like this. When you first look at the block, you really have to look at it to see the different pieces. When the different colours of blocks are all together you really see the pattern. It makes it really interesting to look at.

Julie in GA said...

Wow, that's a lot of pieces for one block! How big are the blocks? I love the way they look together.

Kat Scribner said...

THese blocks are so cool! and unique. Great creativity.

Kathy E. said...

This is a great block to use up those scraps! Each block is unique and mesmerizing!

Kate said...

Beautiful scrappy blocks! There's a lot of little scraps in each of those. How long does it take you to make just one block?

Susan said...

Great looking blocks!

PaulaB quilts said...

Lots and lots of scraps there. I like the blue and the purple best because the contrast shows up the star pattern well. It's harder to do that with light colors like yellow. Keep up the good work!

beaquilter said...

I need to finish my yellow blocks, was that really the last color?

The Joyful Quilter said...

I can't imagine using that many pieces in ONE block!! Such a GREAT use of scraps, though.