Sunday, February 05, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching link up! We celebrate all types of hand work and enjoy seeing what is being created by hands around the world. Where I live in Ontario, Canada we are in the middle of winter and we have survived a cold and dark January. But we did see the sun this past week and the groundhog has predicted an early spring, so that is a relief! Spring is on the way!

I spent groundhog day with the Oxford Quilt Guild this past week and I took along 4 hand work projects because you never know when you might have time to take a few stitches. I like to be well prepared just in case!
I accomplished all 4 tasks I had taken along:


1) I frog stitched the entire seam of the two rows I had sewn together. incorrectly for my En Provence quilt

2) I found some purple seed blocks to applique and finished those.

3) I hand stitched together the back of the 2 panels for my Votes For Women quilt. It was just like sewing a binding down. I will write a full post this week on the quilt-as-you-go process I have been using to get this quilt together.
Life Is Beautiful block #30

4) I finished this Life is Beautiful block. It's a very strange looking tree and was stitch intensive. This is block #30 which means there are only 2 blocks left to make.

What have you been hand stitching this week? Link up your blog post below and share your progress with us:

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

16 comments:

Faye said...

Love your redwork block

Anne Ida said...

Oh, need to watch Groundhog Day (again! *lol*). Looks like you got lots of things done over the week. Love the stitchery.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm going to try quilting then sewing the panels together sometime. I don't have a project in mind right now, but this would be a good well for me to quilt a large quilt on my sewing machine. I look forward to your tutorial about this technique. Thanks! villacrestfarm@gmail.com

The Cozy Quilter said...

You sure got lots done when you were away in the sunny Southwest! That is one funky tree! I hope you have a relaxing time stitching today.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You certainly got a lot done in one session ! :)

Sarah said...

It's turned very cold in the UK today, but yesterday was glorious sunshine! Roll on the spring. Glad you achieved lots for groundhog day! Have a lovely day!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you made great progress while you were at the guild

CathieJ said...

Our local groundhog predicted 6 more weeks of winter, but our winter has been quite mild so far so I am not too worried. Your pumpkin seed block is so pretty. I like the sentiment on the Life is Beautiful block. Enjoy your stitching.

SandraC said...

Your Life is Beautiful block is beautiful....and only two more to go!!! You're much further along than me!

Laura said...

You got a lot done! Good for you! I really like your pumpkin seed project!

Edie said...

Love your slow stitching idea, it has allowed me to get a few blocks done that I didn't think I would get done. On Friday night when I went to bed, there was no snow left on the ground, yesterday morning when I got up it was snowing, then we got a snowfall warning and it hasn't quit yet and it isn't supposed to until Tues.. Last night I cleaned off about 5" of snow off my vehicles. Last Sunday was +15, this Sunday is -15 degrees. LOL I am in Medicine Hat, Alberta. raydeer@memlane.com

Angie in SoCal said...

What a lovely Life is Beautiful block.

Stephie said...

That might be a strange tree, but it's a beautifully embroidered block! You've got lost done and I always love seeing your seed blocks. Hope you had a lovely day Kathy :)

Jill said...

Your four take-along projects are very nice. Love the different scrappy backgrounds under the purple seeds; block 30 does look intricate.

Kate said...

Sounds like you made good use of your travel time. Happy stitching this week.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your blocks is gorgeous 😍😍😍😍