Thursday, June 22, 2017

Bear Update

The month is half over, but the Bear is not nearing completion. I was hoping to have the top completed and the quilting started by now.
After reading the comments last week, I put in a sashing row below the word Killarney, as that was the popular suggestion.  I sewed 5 more bear paw blocks with sashings and am ready to attach it to the top. The next step is to add sashings on both sides and the centre will be done.
This quilt pattern is from the MOD Bear Paw QAL at Sew Fresh Quilts, and the last border is a paw print pattern that goes all around the quilt, so that's what I'll be cutting out to sew this weekend.
To see what other quilters are working on this week, hop over to the Sew Fresh Quilts link up and see Lorna's new adorable fox quilt pattern.

11 comments:

Jo said...

I do think it looks so much better with sashing. Hope you are happy with doing the extra work and the results..

Kathy S. said...

I think it looks great! I printed all the pattern instructions for this quilt but that is the farthest it got. I LOVE yours! I'll live through that for now. Happy paw printing this weekend!

Jacqui's Quilts said...

Yes, the sashing looks great in it!! This is going to be a very fun quilt. I hear you on the delays! I have two border strips of the 8 needed on my granddaughter's quilt and was hoping to have it sandwiched on Tuesday :-(. And, the next two days are booked to the minute! Life does get in the way, but some things are too important to stick to our goals...like foster grandson's Kindergarten graduation :-). HAD to go there. And another granddaughter calls me..."Grandma can you come to my school today to see my project?" The quilt will get finished, but the grandkids will grow up way too soon!

Janet O. said...

Good choice on the sashing below the words. I would love to make this--our family has had many bear sightings in Banff, Yellowstone, and the Tetons. But it will probably never happen, so I am sure enjoying watching yours come together. : )

Karen said...

The word "Killarney" must have meaning. I may have missed the explanation along the way.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

The sashing below the words was a good choice. I do love the design. You've done a splendid job on the quilt. --Andrea

sandi s said...

It looks wonderful! Hugs,

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kathy,
This quilt looks fabulous. I like the sashing, setting off the word Killarney. Are you happy with it? The bear claws going around in the border will really finish it off nicely. ~smile~
Roseanne

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Looks great. I haven't touched my Bear Paw blocks since last fall, when I had to finish Christmas gifts. I'll get back to them one of these days. Gotta get some exchanges done first.

AnnieO said...

Such an energetic design and fun to see it come together. It'll get done eventually as you keep plugging away!

Nell's Quilts said...

The quilt looks great.