Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Blockheads



This is block #14 and it's a classic "square in a square" block. I have made this block many times using paper piecing, but this might be the first time I've made it without the paper. Don't you think it would be fun to make a whole quilt from this one block pattern??!!



Here are the first 14 (of 48) blocks on the design wall.
I'm getting to know all the designers of the Blockheads project and try to guess what kind of block the designer of the week will chose. This week it's Jan Patek, so I'm guessing we'll be making an applique block? Hop over to the Moda blog to see if I'm right!
Addendum:
I was wrong on both accounts...it's a pieced block by Jo Morton! 

6 comments:

Mary said...

Great Blpcks! 48 will make a good sized quilt. I love Samplers made with similar colors. They just go together better.

Janet O. said...

I like the effect of the random blocks with red backgrounds. Makes the quilt more interesting, and gives it depth. Nice work.

Nana said...

I have always loved samplers....but never tried one. Love your colors and continued progress.

Robin said...

Your blocks are so lovely. The colors blend so well together. I thought the same thing when I saw the square in a square block - it would make a great quilt all by itself.

margaret said...

very good you put me to shame have downloaded but not made any of the blocks yet did not realise there were going to be so many!

Teresa said...

Your blocks look great together. I am having fun making these and look forward to Wednesdays to seeing what the new block is. Always amazes me that the blocks are posted and then within a few minutes its seems, people are showing their blocks on facebook!