Friday, June 09, 2017

New Temecula Mini Sew Along

Did you see that Temecula Quilts has started a new 12 week sew along called Marvelous Mini Monday? What better way to start the week?!?
These blocks are an adorable 4". 
Aren't they sweet? I'm making 2 each week since I have so many small scraps to use up. It's the perfect scrap user project, so YOU should probably join in too!
Who's with me?!?

PS Did you see Temecula's "Baked to Perfection" anniversary cake quilt? What a great quilt! I baked them a red reproduction cake, which is in the second row, third from the right in the finished quilt. It was my small way of saying thank you for all the ways in which they have freely given to the quilting community. Temecula received cake blocks from almost every US state, as well as from Netherlands, Canada, Australia, South Africa, France, England, Ireland, and Germany. It was fun to be a tiny part of this amazing international quilt. 

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hadn't seen the new block and I will check it out.

Janet O. said...

I'm in, I think. Mini blocks--can I resist? After not joining a SAL for over 18 months (other than Humble Quilts, which I had planned on doing), this is one I am compelled to try. That said, I also thought I was compelled to do Blockheads, but that ship sailed without me. : )
Looked up your red (velvet, right?) cake in the anniversary quilt. My purple cake is seven rows down, seven from the left.

SandraC said...

Ok, ok, you've twisted my arm...I'm in!

Julierose said...

this is so darn cute...I've never joined any of their QAL's...maybeeee...
Yours is adorable hugs, Julierose

swooze said...

I somehow missed this one. Thanks for pointing it out

Needled Mom said...

I always enjoy their minis. That block is so cute.

Sorcha girl said...

I missed the post for the Mini Monday blocks. Thanks for the link. Their Anniversary quilt idea was fun; however, I cannot be sure which green block is mine. It was fun to submit it and join in their celebration.

Amy said...

I've got one of these blocks done, and I'm working out of one shoebox of scraps for this mini and the Moda Blockhead blocks. I'm curious, how do you organize your scraps? My shoebox is overflowing.

Deanna W said...

If you post to remind me I will join in with you!!!

Mary said...

Looks fun. Thanks for sharing. Resisting for my Circa 2016 finishing.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Adorable comes immediately to mind. Thanks for the link.

BizarreQuilter said...

ooh ooh. i don't think i will be able to resist this one!
I mean, that will be done in no time!!! ummm...... yeah, and even maybe two!