Saturday, June 03, 2017

Scrappy Saturday

I have been slacking with my RSC efforts lately and finally made a bit of progress with green scraps. One of my favourite scrappy blocks to make this year is the Circle of Squares block. I found the perfect background fabric with the green stars at Cherished Pieces. It's so fun to look at these green squares and remember the projects for which they were purchased. Many of these are bits leftover from Easy Street.





The green block is #10 for the collection. This is another poor photo taken late at night, but you get the idea of how the project is developing.









In addition I wanted to get my green Alamo Star blocks sewn into 4 patches in May (see the aqua blocks here and the purple blocks here). But in laying them out on the table, I realized there were not nearly enough dark green blocks to work with. Apparently I only really like light green! So I cut out the pieces for 16 blocks with dark green backgrounds, and will sew these as leader-ender blocks and finish these sometime in June. I'm looking forward to working with yellow scraps this month.
Hop over to the weekly link up to see more Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects.

19 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I need to make a two colour charity block this month...maybe that circle of squares block will fit the bill... your scrappy projects are inspiring!

Jo said...

I like your green leader and ender planning. I have been using my yellows today

Deb A said...

Love seeing those stars and those circle of squares is coming out so well. What a stunning quit it will make.

Angie said...

That Circle of Squares block looks difficult, but after studying it, I see it's deceptively simple. The blocks will make an amazing quilt!

Julierose said...

Very nice projects--I love your variety of greens in the Alamo Stars blocks..hugs, Julierose

Deanna W said...

I really like your circle of squares block...very colourful too!

Janet O. said...

Ah, two of my favorites of your RSC projects!!

Nell's Quilts said...

Those weeks that are half one colour and half another are great for catching up. That circle of squares block is so striking.

Pamela Arbour said...

I am so looking forward to seeing both of those quilts finished. I am getting excited at the thought.

Unknown said...

Love the Crcle of Squares. Excited to see the finished project.

PaulaB quilts said...

The circles are lovely together. It is so much more impressive than a single block.

Kathy S. said...

I like the background on the green circle of squares. Perfect!

Cathy said...

Your circle of squares blocks are really looking wonderful together!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have taken a slower and less aggressive approach with the RSC projects this year too - which I am enjoying. You are not the only one!

Ariane said...

I love how your circle of squares blocks are looking together. Your Alamo star blocks are very cute. It's always nice to have great progress on a long term project. You are doing great!

scraphappy said...

Remembering which fabrics are needed for long term projects can be tricky. As much as we think we will remember where we left off, sometimes it takes a little time to put all the pieces back together.

Kate said...

Those circle of squares blocks are so fun. It's going to be a pretty project when you get it all done.

Magpie Sue said...

The lighter greens are my favorites too. Love your circles of squares!

Katie Z. said...

Ah, Alamo Stars. They are as lovely as ever!