Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Temecula Sew Along

Here are the first 4 blocks for the Marvelous Mini Monday 12 week sew along over at Temecula. 
The top ones are "Jacob's Ladder" blocks. It's ordinarily an easy block to make in regular size, but these ones took an embarrassingly long time to make. I described them to my friend Diane as "sweet", and after making her blocks, she described them as "stressful". Yes, both adjectives are accurate! This is precision sewing at it's finest with the completed blocks measuring 4".
This week's block is a framed pinwheel... I'm off to the sewing room!

8 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

4"? I agree with the stressful description, but the end result is sweet! Have fun sewing this week's blocks.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

LOL - it was frustrating to say the least!! and I decided to make 3 of each one and the Jacobs ladder was horrible for me!!

Gretchen Weaver said...

The only way I would piece these blocks is foundation paper piecing.

gayle said...

I'm getting ready to commit a couple of tiny pinwheels myself!
I decided to describe that itty Jacob's ladder as 'challenging', rather than use the unprintable adjective that first came to mind...

Carolyn said...

Very sweet! I used Thangles to piece the triangles for the Jacob's Ladder block and made extras, so the Pinwheel block this week was a snap. I only had 1.5" Thangles so I made them and cut them down to size. I've only made one of each block so far, I figure 12 is a nice size! If I want it bigger, I can set it on point with alternate blocks...that are simple, of course!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Those mini blocks are beautiful, but I'm pretty sure I just wouldn't have the patience to work on them. Maybe one day, when I've got a little more time on my hands. --Andrea

Janet O. said...

Love them! I like the consistent border fabric, rather than having each side different. If I ever get around to making the blocks, I may copy your idea, if it is okay with you.
Are you making two of each for fun, or did I miss that in the instructions?

margaret said...

such small blocks as your friend says stressful I would never be able o make them so small but they will make a wonderful quilt when done